Wright Family

Wonderful, CRAZY Time of Year

December has been a circus...Thomas started call at the hospital...for the full month. So we sadly don't see much of him and when he's home, he's exhausted and needs to get some sleep before he is called back into the hospital again. I had a Christmas party to put together...our car's motor went out and has been in the shop for 2 weeks, with another 2 weeks to go..Ruby got pink eye...our toilet flooded everywhere...Brielle and Hudson got the flu...Let's just say Mom is finished cleaning up bodily fluids! And it's only December 16. I'm nervous to finish out the month. Can I crawl into a safe hole for a couple weeks?
The Primary was in charge of our Ward Christmas Party this year...that meant I was... AHHH! Fortunately for me, I had an a amazing couple (the Allens) to help me put it together. Not much notice for any of us, but I think it turned out:) The kids seemed to have fun at the hot cocoa bar, photo booth and the cookie decorating stations. We had a ham dinner with salad, rolls, potatoes, corn, pies, cakes, punch... the works!
I was taking these pictures in the dark so they didn't turn out great...but the place was lit with tons of Christmas lights and candles for a nice, warm mood...

We covered the tables in burlap, fresh pine bows, pinecones, and cuties for a splash of color and the lanterns had some ornaments inside as well. 
This picture looks awful...but to the side of this was the photobooth backdrop where they could pose with some festive props.
Grandma Marian gave us the 12 Days of Christmas for this year's family gift! We are having lots of fun opening something each day until Christmas:) Thank you Marian!!!


This year, Hudson could actually write Santa a letter! Hudson did such a great job---I'm pretty proud of him:) and I think Santa will be too.
Our Ruby is getting around with an "almost crawl". It's effective, but not official yet. She gets on her hands and knees rocks and then pulls herself wtih her arms. Working on getting the legs to help her with all this...It's super entertaining. She is working up an appetite with all that movement. She LOOOOVES food---it's genetics I guess. I am OWNED by my DNA makeup and its love for food. Not my fault! Sorry that passed on Ru...

No comments:

Post a Comment