Wright Family

Growing Up Happens TOO FAST!

As of September 3rd, Hudson is now 15 months old and he just keeps getting more spunk. He laughs at himself and his jokes that Thomas and I don't ever seem to get, but we always laugh anyway:) He's taking a liking to throwing balls and anything else he puts into that category and running around the yard kicking the soccer ball (it makes his soccer lovin' Momma proud:)). He is so curious and he manages to press all the right buttons and keys to end up shutting down a computer or turning off the TV or making calls on our phones...my favorite is cleaning up the same messes all day long. I really should learn to just deal with the clutter instead of fighting it. He has a knack for emptying bins, dressers, buckets, cupboards, chests, boxes... You name it! Currently, Hudson has a fascination with his belly button and everyone elses. He will find his belly button with his pointer finger and then run around the house or run to me waiting for me to show mine to him and congratulate him on his findings:) It never gets old.

Last week the whole family got hit with a flu that has been going around... it hit all our friends and their families, so we thought we were out of the woods unscathed. UH UH. This little long john silver got the worst of it. It was his first flu experience and I've never felt so bad in my life! He was so lifeless and I could tell he wasn't feeling well by how he would come up to me and just want to snuggle. I have to admit, I loved that part. It was precious. But it was totally out of character! He is a mover and shaker, not a Momma's boy. We didn't enjoy seeing him so sick... He managed to poop through all his shorts in one afternoon. After that experience and 24 diapers later, we were still camped out on the couch only getting up to once again change a diaper every 2 seconds. A week of the runs is rough. Now that we're feeling better, we are counting our blessings!

This is Hudson in his hunka-little-man suit given to him when he was born from Ashley (my sis). It is an 18 month suit with everything including the pants, coat, vest, shirt and tie. I have been dying to get him into it ever since! I had to do a little hemming of the pants, which will be totally worth it when we are enjoying the cuteness for at least an 3 extra months:) The pictures don't give the handsomeness justice! 
I don't know if he is trying for the "I'm hot and I know it" kind of look that would be totally blown if he even tried to crack a smile??? I took this before church last Sunday, maybe a little too early for smiles.
15 months and his neck is noticeably thinning out. We think anyway:)  We love you Mr. Chubby!
Hudson has been enjoying a lot of different foods now that he has several molars. It's cute to watch little kids eat. It  appears to take a lot of concentration. This is after breakfast when Hudson is his happiest.
Although I caught this picture right when he is bearing down on the duck beak... he really is fascinated with true purpose of puppets more than just chewing on them. He will make the sounds of the animals and put one in my hand then take a seat to tell me he's ready... fortunately, he does occasionally try to help me out with dialogue. Oh 15 months is a fun age!

2 comments: