Wright Family

A Little Sunshine In The Soul

First of all, it has been SOOO nice to have a husband again after a long and tedious first year of graduate school for Thomas. Hudson is also very happy to have his "Da" back for the summer:) We have been trying to take full advantage of the low key summer break to spend time as a family. It has been refreshing to spend time at our beloved Lake Michigan beach, various parks, playgroup, and to put an extra spin into our summer... we are moving! A whoppin' 1.1 mile away. (Updates to follow) We are moving up in the world and have decided to move into a two bedroom apartment! WOOO HOO! About time I'd say:)
Having a "whale of time" at the park. Gotta love the shovel in hand:) Anything with a handle is Hudson's pal. 
Hudson is a big kid now. I have come to grips with this reality, but haven't embraced it just yet. He roams all around so independently it is fun to watch how excited he gets to have space to just RUN.  What can I say, he's a kid. A thoroughbred little boy. And we love him!
The boys at playgroup... Filthy dirty and having the time of their lives. This humidity is a killer when it's in the 90's/100's! But it doesn't seem to phase them...
We have totally become beach bums. If we had the option and could survive with a cooler of food, we would consider living in a tent and being legit beach bums. I don't know how Tom and I would look with dreads, but I know Hudson would:) Hudson borrowed one of our friend's little girl's chair. Our son is sporting the pink. We have got to get him a more masculine chair...
Eating sand still hasn't gotten old. WARNING: I'm pretty sure the side effects include the runs. Not so recommended if it can be avoided.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Syd, I love seeing these pictures of cute lil' Hudson, and your darling family! I'm with ya... if I could survive LIVING at the beach... I'd do it! Congrats on your new place! I'm sure having even ONE MORE ROOM... will feel like a million buckS!!!

    ReplyDelete