Before heading out to Utah during Thomas' break from school, we were looking forward to doing as much as we could with two things in particular: 1) the family and 2) our long lost Rocky Mountains! Fortunately for us, we were able to fit both family and a lot of beautiful hikes into those weeks spent in Utah.
 |
| Donut Falls |
 |
| Also, I was also able to add a little ruffle to the beach blanket I told myself I finished a month ago... I feel like it was a good enhancement:) We are now officially ready to beach! |
 |
| Memorial Day family rocket launch! One of the favorite holiday traditions in the Wright family. Best rocket award goes to Bill---hands down. Nothing beats a 6 feet tall exploding rocket in mid air. A close second is also Bill's...the double loaded jet rocket that nearly killed us all. |
 |
| Our new sister-in-law Sammie! We love you and are happy you can dish it back to Daniel and keep him in his place:) |
 |
| Camping in Panquitch was a blast with the Montague's. We ate tons of good food, went on some beautiful scenic tours given by me-ol' Paps---he should have been a nature adventurer. He showed us spawning fish, nesting mallards, we were given exhibits of squirrel eating habits, and he even caught 20 fish before the sun was up one morning. Go Dad! Hudson thought it was a non-stop party and consequently kept us up all night EVERY night...Memorable. Last time we're invited. |
 |
| Our friends, the Barton's, little girl Jane. She and Hudson are exactly 3 months apart and we just had to snap a picture of them together given she is the cutest thing ever! Not to mention, they live in Florida... What??? Miss them. |
 |
| Can you tell our boys, Rockwell and Hudson, couldn't get enough of the ducklings on the lake. They made our 1 mile hike up Bell Canyon worthwhile! |
 |
| Grandeur Peak shouldn't be hiked with a 25 lbs. baby in a Bjorn. End of story. We had no idea what kind of hike we were up for, but sure loved that we survived! All I gotta say is Jennie Tranter is amazing. Rock solid. Tough. Wanna be you. |
 |
| Hudson had the time of his life being around all 16 cousins of his. Could not get enough. He definitely took a good beating as well:) He quickly learned that you gotta be tough to survive as the youngest of the boys. (Oh, and he is on a downward slope in this picture... not taking after his Mom's height...) |
 |
| This is on the Saw Mill hike off of Wasatch. Absolutely beautiful. We wore our little guy out! |
 |
| Camping was hilarious. Hudson was rummaging through the dirt and was filthy the entire time. I had to learn to relax! I was thinking because he walks that it would be a cleaner experience, but I quickly found he enjoyed rolling in the dirt far more than walking around it. |
 |
| Grandpa was making Hudson laugh, but I think he made us laugh even harder. Love campfire humor. |
 |
| Squaw Peak. Another beautiful mountain experience! |
 |
| For Memorial weekend, we went to visit many family graves, including Megan. It is always a sweet and tender experience for the family. |
 |
| Great Grandpa and Grandma Montague!!! So nice to spend time with them! We have missed them greatly. Can we take you home to Chicago??? Pretty please? |
 |
| Pacho. He REALLY enjoyed dessert after the BBQ at Mike and Melissa's:) |
Why don't we live by each other?!!! I miss you. Also, I am dying because you carried Hudson in a bjorn when he is 25 pounds! You are crazy but then again you run up Timp while I take food and breaks. I miss you dear friend!
ReplyDelete