Although our car thermometer has dropped to unsightly temperatures while being here in Chicago, we have discovered this rather humorous finding... Let me explain. So being the "cheapos" that we Wright's are, we have frozen the past several winters in our "drafty apartments" and when I say frozen, I mean FRO-ZE-HEN (I shiver when I think about it). Just to feel sorry for ourselves, I will recollect... Layering was a requirement in those days ( I don't remember ever being in less than 3 layers, ALL DA TIME), our thermometer in that apartment dropped to 31 at one point and was rarely above 58 (that may seem comfortable for some, but given the outside temperatures were pretty comparable, I cry just thinking about it) and I believe our heating bill was responsible for the increase in a few degrees in the Provo area---talk about a drafty apartment! We would have been better off living in a box on the curb. Oh wait, we were. We laugh thinking about those happy times. Yes, as I am complaining, I do have fond memories of those teeth chattering, knees shaking, and nose freezing times. BUT... take a look at this winter's thermometer!!! Talk about a beauty Yes, it says 80 degrees and boy, we are loving it. Just living the high life in Chicago. I think we'll stick around for a few more winters here:)
Syd! Please keep your thermometer at 80- it is freezing out there and I don't want you stickin to the wall as an ice sculpture. Especially little HUDSON! Keep him buddled will ya?? Sometimes Andrew says for us to turn the heat down a bit, and I say NO! And we are in Arizona. Good thing! ha I might have it set to 115*!
ReplyDeleteSydney!!! I'm so glad you found my blog and commented! :) It put theee BIGGEST smile on my face! It sounds like you've had some PRRRRRETTY cold times back there in Chicago! That's where my Grandpa went to Dental School, and so my grandparents have some stories of the FRIDGID cold! I'm glad to hear that you are surviving JOYFULLY, and are just loving every second with your two handsome men! I love you hun, and am glad we have kept friends after all these years! xoxo!
ReplyDelete