Hudson turned 2 this month and we are so grateful for all the happiness he has brought our family the last two years! He is full of sunshine and joy:) We love you BIRTHDAY BOY!!!
 |
| The night before Hudson's birthday, his crazy Mom stayed up for an extra two hours blowing up balloons (a kicker to the cheeks!) and decorating the house with birthday paraphernalia. I think it was totally worth it for Hudson to wake up to a room filled with colorful balloons! He was in heaven. He didn't stop kicking, bouncing, popping and playing with them all day. Pretty exciting stuff. |
 |
| Nothing like some good ol' syrupy waffles and ketchup with eggs (no, I didn't mix that order up) for a birthday breakfast on the "You are special today" plate:) |
 |
| Hudson is crazy about BIG construction machines so I decided to make him this construction site birthday cake (with the contractor expertise of Dad, of course). Each machine had it's special placement on the cake and it was fun to make the cake much less than beautiful. Digging holes in the cake... throwing Oreos here and there... smashing up Crunch bars... hammering out Butterfingers...that is what I call making a cake! |
 |
| Hudson was sure the cake was part of the gifted toy experience. When we took the toys off of the cake to start eating, he was so confused and kept asking for the cake only to put the machines back on it to continue construction as usual:) "What Mom??? We are supposed to eat this dirt pile and I can't play with my trucks on this thing tomorrow??? What a joke." |
 |
| Along with some fantastic clothes and a cool DJ radio from Grandpa and Grandma Montague, Hudson got several SA-WEET model cars. I don't know who was more excited about them, but I'm pretty sure Dad was a close second. |
 |
| That night Hudson refused to let any of the 5 construction trucks out of his arms. That has got to be comfortable sleeping on a dump truck, digger, steamroller, front loader and bulldozer. This little guy didn't see himself sleeping any other way. |
 |
| All in all, it was a completely successful day! We got to play with Hudson's best buddies, Carter and Owen at the park while eating donuts and juice. Hudson got to kick balloons, watch some Curious George, play with his cake and new toys and have his way--- the whole day. Life is good when you're 2! We love you!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment