Wright Family

Beach It Up Baby!

As of late, Hudson took his first steps last week after walking around on his knees the weeks before. He still prefers crawling, but is quickly becoming more confident with walking each fall. He also hit his 11 month mark! It almost caused a minor heart attach when I realized how quickly this year has flown by and how BIG my little baby now is. Thomas keeps informing me, he is not a baby anymore. Tears. I also quit pumping (my method of breastfeeding for the last 11 months)... I got super emotional as I thought about what a miracle it has been to be able to keep my milk going through solely pumping, not to be finished feeling married to a breast pump! It was definitely a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father. He knew my desire to breastfeed Hudson and blessed me to work through several bumps along the way (that I won't go into). Who wants to hear a Syd pitty party??? Me neither. What it really comes down to is that, God is so mindful of each of us! What a feat it was to get through even a day. I just got totally burnt out from the whole experience. I'm a free woman! FREEDOM and GRATITUDE all in one!
Our new beach quilt!!! I tried a rag quilt this time around. Turns out when I compiled all the squares, rows and columns, there wasn't much of a quilt left... We may have to lay "sandwich style" on the blanket and rotate the person that gets the bottom and top. Sounds like a quality beach experience for the whole family right? Next time, I probably won't go the rag quilt route when I want a lot of space to be covered. 
Our sunning walrus. Although deceiving, I am referring to the baby, not the Mom lying in the back:) I swear I have a baby picture of me that looks exactly like this. I gotta find it!

Looks can be deceiving. I am convinced babies come so cute to appear innocent and harmless. But Hudson has officially declared war on our house. Nothing is orderly anymore (if it ever was). He loves to empty drawers, cabinets, bookshelves and you can bet that anything you leave unattended, is certainly going to be explored via mouth/saliva. His favorites include the remote controller to the TV, my sewing machine foot pedal, the cell phone charger, measuring tape, and don't get me started with how big of a help Hudson was with the beach quilt:) He would hold his hand on the scissors and feel the "power" as they cut, grinning from ear to ear. Getting anything done took much, much more time with my little helper around.
Hudson has really started enjoying the beach. He will crawl 100 mph like a crab to the sea, and get clobbered by a wave and love every minute of it. It is a messy clean up afterward, but super entertaining! 

Thomas had his White Coat Ceremony this last week and we got to celebrate his entering into the medical field. An exciting step along our long journey! He is legit and for sure too legit to quit... Lame I just brought those music lyrics into our blog.
We have really enjoyed the swings and playground in general. He is now big enough to actually enjoy the thrill of being a kid.
Although Lake Michigan is still icy... Brrrrrrr. It feels really refreshing to  jump in  when it is hot and humid. Both of which we have plenty of come summer.  Don't mind if I do!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! You have had a lot going on lately. And have you guys really already taken a dip in the lake? I touched it with my feet on Saturday, and it was SO COLD! I laughed out loud imagining Hudson crawling so fast down to the water like a little sand crab and then getting hit by the current...ha! Oh and I love you "too legit to quit" usage. Very witty Sydney :)

    ReplyDelete