Wright Family

Our Home: Lake Forest IL!

A really beautiful bike path that goes for miles and miles that we love that weaves through the city.
Some convenient and quaint little shops right down from our place (not to mention the Metra!) We can just hop on the train and zoom into the city. One of the perks to hearing the train very well as if it's plowing right through your front room:)
This is part of the shopping center just a hop, skip and a jump away (literally). Supposedly a wealthy man built his wife her very own shopping mall in the 1900's so she wouldn't have to go into town...rough life eh? This pretty much speaks for how this whole town does things.
More shops and restaurants down the path into town. So many fun things to look at!
This is our family favorite: the Lake Forest Library!!! We walk to it several times a week. I love it for its huge children's book selection and vast CD collection. Thomas loves it for the Blockbuster video selection:) I know it sounds so lame to be saying this, but it is the most amazing library!!!!
This is down "Deerpath": the street leading to the lake front. There are the most amazing mansions on each side surrounded by a beautiful, thick forest of green.
WILLIAMS-SONOMA! Among other adorable shops.
Our elite beach!!! It is like a resort. It makes us forget about our ever-growing student loans...:) Who would thunk? A Chicago beach that looks like Greece!
More of the quaint little shops on our walk into town.
The path down to the beach.

4 comments:

  1. I love your town!!! It is so cute! You will have the best time on that bike path- just dont forget your pepper spray!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo sad that I am not there to go on those walks with you! You know Jane and I would be right there with you. We have a little walk that we go on but it is not as cute as yours! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO pretty!! I cannot wait to come visit!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love where you live! It's so beautiful and lots of fun things to do! Gorgeous beach!! When can I come visit?? Seriously, maybe mid October?? When it's not hot and not cold?? What do you think??

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete